15 quick & easy ways to burn calories
As a stay-at-home Mom, it seems like I am constantly moving. Either cooking, cleaning, tidying up, grocery shopping, chasing little ones, breaking up fights, and probably 150 other things that can’t be listed here.
The good news about this depressing list is that I am constantly moving, which means I am constantly burning calories!
For those of us who struggle with making time for exercise and self-care, this is an added bonus to our long days.
Check out this list of 15 quick and easy ways to burn 100 calories while doing our day-to-day. I promise, it’ll help you find much more joy in your day 🙂
- Carrying an infant: 24 minutes
- Cleaning, moderate effort: 26 minutes
- Cooking: 34 minutes
- Doing dishes: 40 minutes
- Mopping the floor: 20 minutes
- Playing with children: 23 minutes
- Pushing a stroller: 35 minutes
- Rearranging furniture: 14 minutes
- Shopping: 38 minutes
- Sweeping: 23 minutes
- Walking the dog: 26 minutes
- Weeding the garden: 18 minutes
- Raking leaves: 23 minutes
- Shoveling snow: 15 minutes
- Mowing the lawn: 20 minutes