A whole new set of reasons to drink this ancient elixir daily!
Warm or room temperature water with lemon is also touted as an invigorating and healthy fountain of youth when drank first thing in the morning.
A quick browse of the ‘net will pull up tons and tons of blogs and websites listing benefits of this magical elixir. Here are just a few:
- It clears your complexion and gives you a youthful glow (along the same lines as the cleaning and stain-removing effects of fresh lemon juice).
- It is a natural laxative and aids in digestion. The citric acid in lemon juice supports the production of digestive juices, which increases the elimination of toxins from the bowels and decreases gas and bloating.
- As an addendum to above, number 2, drinking warm water with lemon is a great assist in weight loss and maintaining a healthier weight. In addition to the cleansing properties, it also boosts your metabolism.
- This drink contains immunity boosting properties and floods your body with electrolytes, which hydrate and replenishe. Lemons contain electrolytes such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, all of which are sorely lacking in many American diets.
- Warm water with lemon is an appetite suppressant. It’s true; I can start my day with 8 ounces of this stuff at 6am and not feel hungry again until around 10am!
- It melts away belly fat. Again, this is the real deal! Eight weeks after having another little one, my belly was flatter and smoother than I can remember it ever being since my days of youth.
- Drinking it first thing in the morning will give you a natural energy boost that has nothing on caffein/coffee. Now, I do love my daily cup ‘o’ joe, but if I miss a morning of my lemon water I definitely feel like I’m dragging and lethargic all.day.long.
- Lemon water has helped me lose A LOT less hair! No lie – aside from the normal amount of post-partum shedding, I’ve noticed a drastic decrease in the amount of hair I lose in the shower, as well as while styling. It’s incredible!